Coalition for Good Mobility
Technological innovation alone won’t necessarily deliver us a transport system that prioritises mobility over access and leads to Good Mobility.
CoMoUK are therefore actively involved in bringing together a Coalition for Good Mobility. The main purpose is to align better emerging thinking across related networks that would lead to:
• constructive and positive visions of good mobility,
• effective, objective scrutiny of developments that could lead to bad mobility
Through its participants, the Coalition aims to provide:
• Advocacy: clear articulation of good mobility – to influence policy and investment
• Reaction: informed scrutiny (as critical friend) of developments or claims that relate to new mobility (AVs, new carshare models, mis-directed funding streams etc)
• Tools and collateral: Through the network, identify needs and opportunities such as:
• research on “mobility lifestyle” types
• video portraits of mobility lifestyles
• Principles of Good Mobility:
• Knowledge sharingand more focussed networking, including a dedicated
The Coalition is in development in 2018.